Key Developments and Trends in the US Power Industry
Date: Tuesday, February 23, 2016
Time: 1:00 p.m. - 2:15 p.m. EST
CLE credit is available for: Arizona, California, Colorado, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Vermont.
CLE credit is being sought for: Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington.
CLE can be self-applied for in: Florida.
2015 was a transformative year for the US power sector. Join Practical Law, the Brattle Group, Hannon Armstrong and Sullivan and Worcester LLP for a free 75-minute webinar that will discuss key demand drivers and emerging business models in this sector. Against a background of mounting environmental imperatives vs. (currently) low-cost fossil energy and low interest rates, the presenters will address:
- Policy mandates such as the Paris Climate Accords, EPA’s Clean Power Plan (CPP), and select state and regional initiatives.
- Potential implications for US power demand.
- Business and governmental responses to achieve energy efficiency, promote renewables, and otherwise reduce carbon emissions, including:
- Deployment of clean power and energy efficiency;
- Technology developments;
- Tax law developments;
- Financial innovation; and
- New business models.
- The outlook for 2016.
A short Q&A session will follow.
Erlyne Nazaire, Senior Legal Editor, Practical Law Finance
Practical Law provides practical, up-to-date resources across all major practice areas to help lawyers in law firms and in-house legal departments get up to speed quickly, save time and protect the bottom line. Learn more at www.practicallaw.com.
If you wish to test your computer system prior to the webinar, please click here.