The Impact of Declining Oil Prices on the US Energy Industry
Date: Wednesday, February 17, 2016
Time: 1:00 p.m. - 2:15 p.m. EST
CLE credit is available for: Arizona, California, Colorado, Georgia, Hawaii, Illinois, Missouri, New Hampshire, New Jersey, New York, Pennsylvania, Vermont.
CLE credit is being sought for: Tennessee, Texas, Virginia, Washington.
CLE can be self-applied for in: Florida.
With oil prices having fallen by more than 50% since June 2014, the oil & gas sector is under a lot of pressure. Join Practical Law and Haynes and Boone LLP for a free 75-minute webinar that will discuss the issues faced by oil & gas companies in 2015 and the outlook for the US energy industry in 2016, including the actions that oil & gas companies can take to weather this period of volatility.
In the webinar, the presenters will discuss:
- The volatility in oil prices, including the factors causing the significant decline in oil prices over the last 18 months.
- The impact of low oil prices on upstream oil & gas companies, including:
- The effect on borrowing bases under reserve-based credit facilities;
- Transactions with unsecured debt holders designed to improve companies’ capital structures;
- M&A activity; and
- Insolvencies and bankruptcies.
A short Q&A session will follow.
Erlyne Nazaire, Senior Legal Editor, Practical Law Finance
Practical Law provides practical, up-to-date resources across all major practice areas to help lawyers in law firms and in-house legal departments get up to speed quickly, save time and protect the bottom line. Learn more at www.practicallaw.com.
If you wish to test your computer system prior to the webinar, please click here.